Edit Client/MediaAgent Name
Use this dialog box to change the following:
- Display name of the Client and/or MediaAgent computers in the CommCell Browser
- Host name of the Client and/or MediaAgent computer
- Host name of the CommServe computer in the Client and MediaAgent computer
Displays the display name of the Client/MediaAgent. If you wish to change the display name of a Client and/or MediaAgent computer, use this box to type the new name.
Do not use spaces when specifying a new name for the Client.
Displays the full interface name of the host computer containing the client. If you wish to change the interface name, (which also includes the domain name) use this box to type the new name. The host name should be the same as indicated in the operating system and resolvable in the network. If necessary, you can use the IP address instead of the actual name.
If the client has the Web Search Server installed make sure to change the URLs from the Search Server URLs tab.
Displays the full interface name of the CommServe computer used by the Client/MediaAgent to communicate with the CommServe. If you wish to change the CommServe name, use this box to type the new CommServe name.
Before changing the host name of a CommCell component, ensure the following:
- The name of the computer is changed in the operating system.
- The computer is available in the network with the new name. (DNS lookup or other name resolution facilities appropriately configured to resolve the new name of the computer.)
- All the applications running on the computer, such as SQL server, Exchange, Server, Oracle database, etc. function with the new name.