Activity Control - Getting Started
Use Activity Control to control CommCell activities by enabling or disabling jobs from all levels of the CommCell hierarchy. By default, all activities are enabled.
The steps below disable all job activity on the CommServe:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node and click Properties.
Note: To access Activity Control at any level below the CommServe, right-click the appropriate entity, select Properties and then click the Activity Control tab.
- Click the Activity Control tab.
- Clear the Enable All Job Activity check box and click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to a client backup set.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks and click Backup All Subclients.
- Select the options for the backup job and click OK.
The backup job does not run, job history is created to record the reason, and an error message appears: All activity on CommServe is disabled. The job will not run. To prevent job history from being created, see Preventing Job History for Disabled Activities.