ADIC Libraries Attached to Scalar Distributed Library Controller (SDLC) - ConfigurationWithin a CommCell, depending on the environment, the MediaAgents can be configured to access the ADIC library controlled by SDLC using one of the following configurations:
- Direct-attached library configuration
- Dynamic Drive Sharing (DDS) configuration in the SAN environment
This topic describes how to configure an ADIC library that is attached to SDLC as a direct-attached library.
Preconfiguration Tasks on the SDLC Server
- Ensure that the hardware is configured according to the guidelines provided in ADIC Libraries Attached to Scalar Distributed Library Controller (SDLC) - Prequisites.
- Verify that the SDLC is online and that the ADIC library is functioning. See the SDLC documentation for instructions about how to verify the status of the SDLC/ADIC library.
- If the library is shared between multiple CommCells or applications, define the required volume range for the exclusive use of the CommCell to which the MediaAgents that you want to configure are attached. See the SDLC documentation for instructions about creating the volume ranges.
Preconfiguration Tasks on the MediaAgent
- Ensure that the hardware is configured according to the guidelines provided in ADIC Libraries Attached to Scalar Distributed Library Controller (SDLC) - Prerequisites.
- Install the DAS Client software on the MediaAgent computer. See the DAS Client documentation for more information.
This feature requires a Feature License to be available in the CommServe® Server.
Configure ADIC Libraries Attached to SDLC
- Open the Library and Drive Configuration dialog box.
You cannot configure an ADIC library that is attached to SDLC from the Library and Drive Configuration dialog box that appears during the MediaAgent installation.
- Detect the devices as described in Device Detection.
Do not perform an Exhaustive Detection now.
The system detects the drives and displays them as a stand-alone library in the Library and Drive Configuration dialog box.
If the library supports Drive Serialization, then the drives are detected as an ADIC Scalar library.
- In the Library and Drive Configuration dialog box, click the Start menu, choose Add, and then click IP Library.
- In the Add IP Library dialog box, enter the following:
- MediaAgent: The name of the MediaAgent.
- Library Type: The IP library type (ADIC)
- Server Name: The name of the MediaAgent where the drives are currently configured. This is also the DAS Client.
- Vendor: The manufacturer of the library.
- Model: The library model.
- Description: A description of the library (optional).
- Drive Count: The number of drives in the library.
- Click OK.
The system detects the library.
- If you want to modify the library properties, right-click the library, and then select Properties.
- In the Library Properties dialog box, you can change the following property:
Alias: The user-defined name for the library. This is the library name that appears in the CommCell Console. We recommend that you give each library a descriptive name as its Alias for easier system administration.
- Click OK.
- Select the MasterPool from the detected library, and then drag and drop it on the ADIC DAS library.
The devices appear in the library tree with the detection status not configured, detect success.
Right-click the drive, and then click Properties.
- In the Drive Properties dialog box, select the drive that is associated with the drive ID.
Verify the drive name from the Scalar DLC Management interface before you select the drive ID in this dialog box.
- Repeat the procedure for all of the drives in the library that are used by the system.
- If you are not sure of the drive mapping, then perform an exhaustive detection of the devices at the Library Controller level.
This ensures that the drives are mapped to the appropriate serial number.
- In the Select Drive IDs dialog box, select the most likely drives or all of the available drives.
This process can take several minutes to complete.
- Configure the library as described in Configuring Devices.
The devices appear as configured, detect success.
The Library tab provides the physical view of the devices (library and drives).
The Data Paths tab provides a logical view of the data path used to access the devices - library, master drive pool, drive pool, drive.