Alerts can be configured to execute a workflow, provided that the user who creates the alert has 'Execute' capabilities on the selected workflow.
If a workflow notification alert is later edited and another workflow is selected, the user modifying the alert and the user that created the alert, must have 'Execute' capability on that workflow.
For example, if 'A' creates a workflow notification alert, and this is later modified by another user 'B', and a different workflow is selected, then both users, 'A' and 'B' must have 'Execute' capabilities on that workflow for the change to take effect.
In order to configure an alert to execute a workflow, the workflow must already have been created. The user creating the alert must have "Execute" capabilities on the selected workflow. For more information about creating workflows, refer to Workflow Operations - Create a Workflow.
Use the following steps to generate workflow notifications for alerts.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click Alerts.
- In the Alerts dialog box, click Add.
- On the General Information page, enter a name for the alert in the Display Name box, select a Category and Alert Type, and click Next.
- Select the clients or client groups that you want to associate with this alert and click Next.
To exclude specific client groups from receiving alert notifications, mark the client group with an 'X' mark.
- Select the notification criteria to be used and click Next.
- On the Notification Type(s) Selection page, click the Workflow tab to enable the alert to execute a workflow.
- Click the Select [Workflow] for notification check box.
- Select a workflow from the Workflow to run list. A table with Name, Value, and Type columns is displayed. The Name and Type columns are populated with inputs defined in the workflow.
- In the Value column, select a value for the input from the drop down list, or type a value for the input. The drop down list is a list of the available alert tokens. See Available Alert Tokens for the list of available tokens.
- Click Reset All to reset the value of an input.
- Select a workflow engine on which you want to run the workflow, from the Run workflow on list.
- Review your selections on the Summary page.
- Click Finish.