Remote Install - Getting Started
About This Task
Use this procedure to remotely install SnapProtect components on computers by using the CommCell Console.
If installing on a clustered environment, make sure to install the software on all the physical nodes of the cluster.
Before You Begin
- See Installation - Support to review the list of agents that can be installed from the CommCell Console.
- See Remote Install - Prerequisites to review the operations that need to be performed before initiating a remote installation.
- Open the CommCell Console:
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs.
- From the list of programs, click NetApp | SnapProtect Administrative Console.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Tools tab and then click Add/Remove Software | Install Software.
The Install Wizard window is displayed. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
When the installation job starts, you can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window. To open the window, click the Home tab from the CommCell Console ribbon, and then click Job Controller.
Several options are available during a remote installation. For more information, see Remote Install - Advanced.