Remote Install - Troubleshooting
INS0100: Remote install job fails with Cache is missing error
While performing the remote install, the install job may fail with the following error:
Cache is missing
If the software packages that you want to install are not available in the CommServe cache, then the remote install operation will fail.
Download the required software packages to the CommServe cache, and then start the remote install operation.
If the software binaries are corrupted on a client computer, you can use Repair Software option to repair the software from CommCell Console. Corrupted packages will be uninstalled and reinstalled while repairing the software. Prior to using the Repair Software option on a client computer, make sure that the CVD port on that client computer is reachable.
Use the following steps to repair the software:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers.
- Right-click the <Client> , point to All Tasks | Add/Remove Software and then click Repair Software.
- Select the Reboot Client checkbox if a reboot is required.
When the Reboot Client check box is cleared, the system does not automatically reboot the client and/or MediaAgent computers even if a reboot is required. Click Help for more information.
- Click OK.
Remote installation on Windows 8 client computer will fail in case Remote Registry service is disabled on it.
Hence, prior to performing the remote install on Windows 8 client computer, make sure to enable the Remote Registry service on it.
Use the following steps to enable the Remote Registry service:
- Click Windows Start button, click in the Start Search box, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- In the details pane, right-click the service that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, from the Startup type drop-down list, select Automatic.
- Click Start under Service status.