Automatic Registration - Setup a Master CommServe®
The following section describes the steps involved in setting up a Master CommServe®.
To install the CommServe software, follow the steps described in Install the CommServe Software. You can also use an existing CommServe computer, and install the remaining components.
To install Web Server and Web Console, follow the steps described in Getting Started - Setting up Web Access.
You can add one or more target CommServe computers to the Master CommServe database. The target CommServe can be from version 10 or version 9.
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the CommServe, point to All Tasks and then click CommCell Registration.
- On the CommCell Registration dialog box, click Add CommCell.
- On the Register Remote CommCell dialog box, complete the following steps to register the target CommServe computer:
- In the User Name box, type the user name of the target CommServe that you want to add.
- In the Password box, type the password of the user account.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the host name of the computer on which the target CommServe is hosted.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to the prompt mentioning the success of the operation.
If you need to register more target CommServe computers, click Add CommCell and repeat the steps. The registered CommServe computers will be listed under Registered CommCells.
- After registering all the target CommServe computers, click OK on the CommCell Registration dialog box
All the registered target CommServe computers can be viewed from the web interface.