Performing an Auxiliary Copy
You must perform an Auxiliary Copy operation to replicate the data from primary copy to a secondary copy. Auxiliary Copy can be performed between any two MediaAgents, regardless of their operating system.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy, point to All Tasks, and then click Run Auxiliary Copy.
- Optionally: From the Select Source MediaAgent list, if the source copy is configured with a shared library, you can select the source MediaAgent that is being used for creating a primary copy.
- By default, All Copies option is selected to copy data from the source copy to all secondary copies.
Select the Select A Copy, and then from the list select a secondary copy.
- Click OK.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window. When the job has completed, the Job Controller displays as Completed.
Make sure that the job completes successfully. If the job did not complete successfully, re-run the job.
- Once the job is complete, you can view the list of backup jobs that are successfully copied to a secondary copy by right-clicking the secondary copy, pointing to View, and then clicking Jobs.
The status of the jobs appears as Available.
Note that if an Install Updates job or a CommServe service restart was performed when an Auxiliary Copy job was running, then after completion of Install Updates job or service restart, the Auxiliary Copy job automatically picks up the new backup jobs available on the source copy.