Configuring CXBF Devices using Volume Explorer
On UNIX, a CXBF device is a volume or a partition that is monitored by the CXBF block-filter driver. This block-filter driver monitors the volume or the partition for changed blocks.
You can create a CXBF device for the volume you want to back up, using Volume Explorer. For more information, see Volume Explorer. Volume Explorer maintains a database of the disk volumes attached to each MediaAgent, including the unique identifying information (WWN/LUN) for each volume.
Consider the following when configuring a CXBF device:
- Do not configure CXBF devices on operating system files.
- CXBF devices can only be configured on quiescent file systems that are unmountable or not busy.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click Home | Control Panel.
- Under System, double-click Volume Explorer.
- In the Volume Explorer dialog box, from the Hosts list, select the host connected to the volume you want to configure.
- Right-click the volume in the Volumes list, and then select Configure CXBF device.
If the volume you want is not listed for a host, right-click the host and click Detect.
- In the Submit Configure Request dialog box, click Configure.