Restoring Cross-Platform from Block-Level Backups
Cross-platform restores are supported only across platforms that support block-level backups. For a list of supported platforms, refer to System Requirements - Block Level Backup.
Volume-level restores are supported across only similar platforms.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers | Client | File System | Backup Set.
- Right-click the Subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
- If you are performing a volume-level restore, in the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, select the Volume Level Browse (Restore the disk image/volume) check box.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the Browse from copy precedence check box and type 2 to browse from the backup copy.
- From the Use MediaAgent list, select the local MediaAgent.
- Click View Content.
- Select the data that you want to restore and then click Recover All Selected.
- In the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box, clear the Restore to same folder check box.
- From the Destination Client list, select the destination client.
You can select any client that is in the same CommCell Console as the client from which the data was backed up.
- In the Specify destination path box, type the destination location for restore.
- Click OK.