Performing Block-Level Incremental Backups
During a block-level incremental backup, only the blocks on the disk that have changed since the last full or incremental backup are backed up, resulting in faster backups.
Note that the next block-level backup is automatically converted to a full backup even when you selected a block-level incremental backup if you do any of the following:
- Select a different snap engine for taking snapshots.
- Change the device configuration between jobs, such as changing the extent size.
- Enable or disable the Create File level Index during backup option between jobs.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client | File System | defaultBackupSet.
- Right click the Subclient and click Backup.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select Incremental as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- Click OK.