CommCell Migration - Requirements
The sections below explain the requirements for CommCell Migration.
- Verify that no jobs are in progress or scheduled to occur in the Clients that you wish to migrate. If jobs are scheduled, either perform the export at another time or disable all jobs for the client using the Activity Control tab from the Client Properties dialog box in the CommCell Console.
- Perform an Auxiliary Copy operation before exporting the metadata records for migration. This will ensure that all the copies associated with all storage policies are synchronized.
- It is recommended that you perform a disaster recovery backup operation prior to a migration operation.
- Ensure that compatible drives are available in the destination CommCell to restore the migrated backup data.
- Ensure that you check the barcodes associated with the tapes in the CommCell to make sure that there are no duplicate barcodes across all CommCells being migrated.
If you find two tapes that have the same bar code, one of them must be changed.
- Ensure that the client to be migrated has atleast one subclient (default subclient or user-defined subclient) created.
The source and destination CommCells must have the same version of CommServe software installed.
You can also perform cross version migration. You can migrate clients from v10 CommCell to v9 CommCell. The migration of clients from v9 CommCell to v10 CommCell is not supported.
See, Installation for step by step instructions on installing the CommServe.
SQL Server Version
SQL Server version in the destination CommServe can be same or higher version than the SQL Server version in the source CommServe.
If the SQL version in the source CommServe is higher, then run export job from destination CommServe. See Exporting Metadata from a Remote CommCell for more information.
Use the following table to check the client versions and the supported source and destination CommServe versions for CommCell migration.
|Clients||Source CommServe||Destination CommServe||CommCell Migration|