Client Computer Groups - Getting Started
A client computer group is a logical grouping of client computers. Client computer groups help define options for an entire group of clients instead for individual clients.
You can create a client group where you can manually or automatically add client computers. To create a smart client computer group using automatic associations, see Client Computer Groups - Smart Client Groups Using Automatic Association.
Use the following steps to create a client computer group and manually move client computers into the computer group.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computer Groups and then click New Group.
- From the Create New Client Group dialog box, type a name for the new computer group in the Group Name box and provide a brief description in the Description box.
- Select the Manual Association check box.
- In the Client Computers list, press the Ctrl key and select the clients that are part of the group.
- Click Include > to move the selected clients to the Clients in this group list.
- Once the selected clients appear in the Clients in this group list, click OK.
- You can view the newly created client group under the Client Computer Groups node.