CommCell Console - Basic
The CommCell Console is the graphical user interface that allows you to control and manage a CommCell.
On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 computers, click the Windows Start menu, and from the list of apps, under NetApp, click NetApp Administrative Console.
On computers older than Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012:
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs.
- From the list of programs, click NetApp > NetApp Administrative Console.
- Log on as a root user to the computer that has the CommCell Console (stand-alone application version) installed.
- From a Terminal window, type console and press Return.
The Connect to CommCell window is displayed.
- Enter the User Name, Password, and name of the CommCell you wish to connect to.
- Click OK to log on.
The menu bar, located at the top of the CommCell Console, provides access to features and administrative options available for the CommCell. These entities are described in the following table:
The Tool Bar provides graphical icons for quick access to several commonly used CommCell Console menu bar functionalities, including Help topics, the Control Panel window, and the Job Controller window.
The navigation pane has two tabs: Content tab and Summary tab.
This tab displays a list of entities that belong to the selected CommCell Component.
For example: When you select Client Computers node from the CommCell Browser, the Content tab displays the list of all the clients connected to the CommServe.
You can also use this tab to access any CommCell component.
This tab displays properties of the selected CommCell Component.
For Example: When you select Client Computers node, the Summary tab displays agent-specific classification of all the clients connected to the CommServe.
The Navigation pane displays the content and summary of the following CommCell Console components:
The CommCell Browser displays the following CommCell components, as well as the administrative and operational tasks associated with them, in a hierarchical tree structure:
- <CommServe name>, name of the CommServe accessed.
- Client Computer Groups (see Client Computer Groups for an overview)
- Client Computers (see Client for an overview)
- Security (see User Administration and Security for an overview)
- Storage Resources, including:
- Policies, including:
- Reports, including:
- Content Director
- Workflow (see Workflow for an overview)
The Agents view displays all the Agents currently configured within the CommCell.
When selected from the Tool Bar or Tools menu, the Summary Window provides quick access to each of the CommCell Browser components.
When an individual entity is selected in the CommCell Browser, the Summary Window displays the contents of the selected entity. The tab name changes to correspond to the particular entity that is selected.
The Event Viewer allows you to monitor activities that are occurring within the CommCell. This information is useful for troubleshooting and informational purposes.