Throttling - Configuration
Configure Throttling for CDR Replication Activities
Before you Begin
- Review Throttling.
Required Capability: Capabilities and Permitted Actions
To configure throttling for CDR replication activities:
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the ContinuousDataReplicator icon of the source machine, and select Properties.
- In the Operational Parameters tab of the CDR Properties screen, specify any of the following:
Destination Computer: (On Windows only)
- Minimum percentage of free disk space for log files, below which the rate at which log files are sent from the source machine(s) is throttled. This throttling will reduce the maximum transfer rate specified in Throttling Amount by 50%. If you do not specify a value in Throttling Amount, no throttling will be imposed.
- Minimum percentage of free disk space for log files, below which to stop the source machine(s) from sending more log files.
- On Windows, the minimum percentage of free disk space for log files, below which data replication is aborted.
- Throttling Amount - maximum network transfer rate in megabits per second (Mbps). The Utilization Percentage specified in the Edit Throttling Rule dialog will be a percentage of the number entered here.
- Bandwidth Throttling Rules - click Add to configure the following in the Edit Throttling Rule dialog:
Days of Week
Utilization Percentage - based on the specified Throttling Amount (see previous item)
- Click OK to save your changes.