CommServe Installation: Guidelines for Disaster Recovery Failover
To install the CommServe software on production and standby hosts, follow these guidelines:
- Obtain a dual IP license from your software provider.
- Install the CommServe software by using interactive custom install method.
- For basic configurations, during the installation, use the same CommServe Client Name for production and standby hosts.
- Install the Workflow Engine along with the CommServe software.
- The SQL Server is automatically installed on the host when you install the CommServe software. However, if the SQL Server is installed on the host before installing the CommServe software, ensure that the production CommServe and standby CommServe have the same version of SQL server.
- Make sure the installation path is the same on both the production and standby hosts.
For instructions on installing the CommServe software, see Install the CommServe software.
After installing the CommServe software, do the following:
- Apply the dual IP license on the production CommServe database.
- Create the folder C:\db_undo to stage the CommServe hosted databases for disaster recovery restore.
- On the production and standby CommServe hosts, disable auto start services for Instance001.
- On the Start menu, click NetApp, Inc. > Process Manager.
- In the Process Manager window, clear the Auto-start services when OS starts checkbox.
- Change the CommServe database to Full Recovery Mode on the production and standby CommServe hosts using following SQL query:
USE master ALTER DATABASE [CommServ] SET RECOVERY FULL
Consult Microsoft manual for instructions on running SQL queries.
Similarly, if you want to backup other SQL databases (DM2, CvCloud and WFEngine) installed on the CommServe computer, change the databases to Full Recovery Mode.