Full System Recovery: Oracle RAC Agent
A full system recovery of individual Oracle physical nodes in an RAC setup involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to perform the following:
- Perform frequent Oracle backups with control files and the latest file system.
- Make sure that the recovery catalog is available on a separate computer.
- Make sure to select Resync Catalog in Subclient Properties (Backup Arguments) tab of the default subclient. This is required for successfully performing a full system restore in the event of a destroyed or damaged client.
Recovering the Oracle Database
To recover the Oracle database in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
- Rebuilding the Operating System.
- Restoring the Oracle Database to the same or different client computer.