Enabling Browse and Restore of Aged Data
Enable browse and restore operation for the backup jobs that appear aged:
Before you begin
- Login to CommCell Console as user with CommCell level Administrative Management capability.
- Merge the content from cataloged tapes. See Merging Content from Cataloged Tapes.
About this task
At this point, the CommServe database contains all the information about previously unknown backup jobs and the backup job can appear in backup history of the client.
- From the CommCell ribbon, click Control Panel. The Control Panel dialog box appears.
- Click Browse/Search/Recovery option. The Browse/Search/Recovery Options dialog box appears.
- Select the Show aged data during browse and recovery check box.
- Click OK on the Browse/Search/Recovery Options dialog box. When you perform the browse and restore operation for any pruned backup job, the data backed up during the job is displayed.