Configuring SQL Server Agent Subclient for CommServe Databases
Configure a subclient for replicating the CommServe hosted databases. This allows direct backup and restore of the databases in a consistent relative state.
About This Task
When configuring the subclient, you must add the CommServe database to the subclient content. Also, depending on the features required on the standby CommServe host, you can add the other CommServe hosted databases to the subclient content:
Before You Begin
- Change the CommServe database to Full Recovery Mode on the production and standby CommServe hosts using following SQL query:
USE master ALTER DATABASE [CommServ] SET RECOVERY FULL
Consult Microsoft manual for instructions on running SQL queries.
Similarly, if you want to backup other SQL databases (DM2, CvCloud and WFEngine) installed on the CommServe computer, change the databases to Full Recovery Mode.
- Create a separate storage policy for CommServe failover database replication.
Depending on the backup schedule frequency, set the aging rules for the storage policy. For example, if you are scheduling full database backups once every week, set the backup retention to 7 days and 1 cycle. Also make sure the storage policy uses a MediaAgent located at the standby CommServe location.
For instructions on creating a storage policy, see Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Second Instance CommServe Client> | SQL Server.
- Right-click the Instance, point to New Subclient, and then click Database.
- On the New Subclient Properties (General) tab, enter the subclient name, eg., Databases.
- On the New Subclient Properties (Content) Tab, click Configure and then click Discover.
A list of databases will appear.
If found, assign the CommServ, DM2, CvCloud and WFEngine databases to the subclient by selecting this subclient name next to each database.
- On the New Subclient Properties (Storage Device ) tab,
- Click the Data Storage Policy sub tab and select the non-deduplicated storage policy from the drop down list.
- Click the Log Storage Policy sub tab and select the non-deduplicated storage policy from the drop down list.
Make sure the non-deduplicated storage policy uses a MediaAgent located at the standby CommServe location and accessible by both the production and standby CommServe hosts.
- Click OK to save the content and exit.