Deleting a DNS A Record
Delete a DNS A record with name and IP address of the CommServe host.
Before You Begin
- Enable DNS binary
- Login to host computer as member of the Administrators group
- Have the host name and IP address ready
About This Task
Deleting and then adding a new DNS A record is the only way to modify an existing record.
Use the following command to delete an A record on the Domain Name Server:
dnscmd.exe ServerName /RecordDelete ZoneName ComputerName A /f
- ServerName - Specifies the DNS server that you are planning to manage.
- ZoneName - Specifies the zone in which the record resides.
- ComputerName - Specifies the name of the computer that needs to be deleted in the DNS server with the specified IP address
- A - Specifies the resource record type of the record you are adding
- IPAddress - The IP Address of the host /f Executes the command without asking for confirmation.
dnscmd.exe dnshost.mydomain.mycompany.com /RecordDelete mydomain.mycompany.com prodcs A /f