Recovering AIX File System Data
Recover the entire file system data to the same or different client in the event of a disaster.
Before you begin
- If using a different client computer, make sure the destination client is same as source client while performing a disaster recovery.
- Install the AIX Operating System on the client computer that you want to restore. Make sure to install the Operating System exactly as it existed prior to a hardware or software corruption problem. Refer IBM documentation for more information.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System.
- Right-click the defaultBackupSet and then click All Tasks | Browse and Restore.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, click the Advanced Options tab.
- Select the Starting Path check box and enter the AIX file system path to the data you wish to restore. You can type "/" as the path to restore the entire content.
- Click View Content.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Clear the Restore to same folder check box.
In the Destination Client list, select the client. If you are mounting the new root file system at /mnt, type or accept "/mnt" as the restore destination in the Specify Destination Path box.
Do not select Unconditional Overwrite option.
Restored data retains its original permissions. The ACLs are restored after the permissions are restored.
- Click Immediate from the Job Initiation tab.
- Click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Restart the client computer.