Full System Recovery of SAP Oracle Database: Restoring the SAP Oracle Database from the CommCell Console
Restore the SAP Oracle database to the same or different client in the event of a disaster.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to <Client> | SAP for Oracle.
- Right-click the instance that contains the data you want to restore and point to All Tasks | Browse and Restore.
- From the Time range tab, click View Content.
- From the Browse window, Select the instance node in the left pane. The data and logs will be automatically selected in the right pane. Click Recover All Selected.
- Choose the Number of streams to use for restore.
Select the following options to restore the database.
- Restore Archive Log
- Restore Data
- Verify that the Status of the database is displayed as MOUNTED; perform the following to change the database status.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Advanced Restore Options dialog box, navigate to the Options tab.
- Select the Switch database for Restore check box.
- Click OK.
- Click the Job Initiation tab.
- Select Immediate to run the job immediately.
- Click OK.
To mount the database, enter the following commands in the machine hosting the database:
[root]# export ORACLE_SID=<instance name>
[root]# sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
[root]# shutdown immediate;
[root]# startup mount;
Once the database is mounted, click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller or Event Viewer window of the CommCell Console.
- Once the restore job has completed, right-click the entity (e.g. agent, instance) and click View | Restore History and click OK.
If the entity chosen is the client computer, click View | Job History and click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- View Job Details
- View Events of the restore job.
- View Log files of the restore job.
The database is restored to the directory where it resides.