Enabling DNS Server Role
Allows host computers to execute DNS commands remotely.
Consult Microsoft documentation to enable DNS server role on Windows Server 2012.
Before You Begin
Log in to the host computer as a member of the Administrators group.
- Open Windows Control Panel and click Programs.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- From the Server Manager window, click Features > Add Features
- Expand Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools.
- Select DNS Server Tools and click Next.
- Click Install.