Restoring Merged Backup Data
Restore the data from a backup job that was aged.
Before You Begin
- Login to CommCell Console as user with CommCell level Administrative Management capability.
- Users with In Place Recover capabilities on a client will be able to restore merged data on that client.
- Enabling browse and restore of aged Data.
- From the CommCell Console, expand the Client Computers node.
- Right-click the Client and select View | Job History. The Job History Filter dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced on the Job History Filter dialog box. The Data Protection History Advanced Filter dialog box appears.
- Select Include Aged Data. You must select this option because the backup jobs merged in to the CommServe database are marked as aged data.
- Click OK on the Data Protection History Advanced Filter dialog box.
- Click OK on the Job History Filter dialog box. The Data Management Job History tab in the right pane of the CommCell console displays a list of backup jobs performed for the client. The aged backup jobs appear in the grey color.
- Choose the job to restore.
- Right-click the Job and click Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content on the Browse and Restore Options dialog box. The right pane of the CommCell console displays the data backed up during the job.
- Select the required data and click Recover All Selected...
- Click OK on the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box to start the recovery operation.