Updating the CommServe Name for Clients and MediaAgents
When the CommServe has a new hostname, the clients and MediaAgents must be updated to use the new CommServe hostname.
Before You Begin
- Use the Disaster Recovery Tool to change the CommServe name. See Restoring CommCell Operations on the CommServe Host.
- Login to the CommCell Console as a user with CommCell level Administrative Management capability.
About This Task
In a test environment, you can update the CommServe host name for specific clients and MediaAgents used for the test. Make sure these test clients do not use a deduplication enabled storage policy, so as to avoid resynchronizing the deduplication database.
In an actual disaster recovery scenario, when you move CommServe functionality to a different CommServe host, update the CommServe name for all the clients and MediaAgents.
This task is not required if the clients use a proxy to communicate to the CommServe or if the CommServe hosts use a floating CommServe hostname.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab and then click Control Panel.
Under Configure, click Name Management. The Name Management Wizard appears.
- Select Update CommServe for Clients (use this option after DR restore) and then click Next.
- From the Old CommServe host name list, select the name of the old CommServe and click Next.
- Select the clients that you want to update from the Available list, and then click the > button to add them to the Selected list.
The selected clients are updated to point to the new CommServe.
What To Do Next
Perform a few backup and restore operations for any of the updated clients to ensure that the CommServe works as expected.