Setup Downloadable Packages from the Web Console
Using the Download Manager, you can create custom installation packages for SnapProtect software. Then you can add the package to the Download Center to enable end-users to download the SnapProtect installation packages from the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Ensure the following requirements are met before staring this procedure:
- Deploy the Web Console and Web Server. See Setting Up Web Access.
- Deploy and configure the Download Center. See Download Center - Deployment.
- Create a custom SnapProtect installation package using the Download Manager. See Creating a Windows Installation Package and Creating a UNIX/Linux/Macintosh Installation Package.
- Copy the custom SnapProtect installation package to a Download Center repository.
- Open the Download Center as an administrator and add the custom SnapProtect installation package to the Download Center. See Adding a Package to the Download Center.
Ensure the users with whom you want to share the package are listed in the Visible To box when adding the package.
You can use the Download Center to enable end-users to download third-party software from the Web Console. See Adding a Package to the Download Center.