Getting Started for Edge Express
Step 1: Before You Begin
- Review the system requirements needed for the CommServe:
- Review the system requirements needed for the proxy package. The proxy package contains a Windows File System iDataAgent:
- Review the system requirements needed for the backup package you will invite users to install on their devices (Laptop Backup):
Step 2: Initial Setup
Follow the steps to install your CommServe and to create the proxy and backup packages:
Initial CommCell Configuration
- Install your CommServe computer.
- Register your CommServe computer.
- Configure your email server so you can receive email messages from the CommCell Console.
- Register Active Directory domains so users can log on to the CommServe using account credentials from the Active Directory (AD) service provider.
See Single Sign On (SSO).
- Add a media agent.
- Add a disk or tape library.
After you configure your storage, a preconfigured Edge Drive client is automatically created. For information on the Edge Drive feature, see Edge Drive - Administrators.
Optional: Configure Proxy
- Add a new SnapProtect proxy.
See Configuring a Proxy.
- Generate proxy packages and backup packages for Windows and Macintosh from Cloud Services website.
See Creating a Laptop Backup Installation Package for
- Send users an email inviting them to install the backup package on their devices.
See Inviting Users.
Step 3: Monitoring
- Click Job Monitoring to open the Job Controller pane. For information on the features available in the Job Controller pane, see Job Controller - Advanced.
- Click Job History to open the Job History Filter dialog box. For information on the options available in the Job History Filter dialog box, see Job History Filter.
- Click Reports to open the Report Selection dialog box. The Backup Job Summary report is automatically selected. Click Run to view the report. For information on the options available for the Backup Job Summary report, see Backup Job Summary Report - Overview.