To access all functionality of the Explorer Plug-In on a client computer, the filesystem core component must be installed on that client, and the Plug-In must be enabled.
- The filesystem core component is automatically installed during the File System Agent installation.
If the agent is not installed, install it using one of these methods, as appropriate to your type of computer:
- If you are a laptop user, install the laptop package provided by your administrator. See Installing the Laptop Package (End-User).
- If you are not a laptop user, use the remote installation or custom interactive installation described in Deployment - Windows File System iDataAgent. During the installation, make sure that only the File System Core component is selected for installation.
- The following procedure enables the Plug-In.
Make sure the client computer meets these conditions:
- The client does not have CommServe or MediaAgent software installed. The Plugin tab is not visible on CommServe or MediaAgent computers because these systems are not generally used to perform the kind of operation done through the Explorer Plug-In.
- The client computer must either have been configured as a laptop computer, or have the File System Advanced iDataAgent installed with no driver.
Enable the Plug-In by following these steps:
- Click Start on the Windows task bar, then click All Programs.
- Click SnapProtect > Process Manager.
- Click the Plugin tab, then select Enable Plugin for Windows Explorer Plugin.
- Click Restart Explorer to restart Windows Explorer immediately, or Restart Later. You will not be able to see or perform functions related to the Plug-In until Windows Explorer restarts.
- Click Refresh to refresh the Client Page Cache on the client.
For the Refresh operation to succeed, the CommServe and MediaAgent hosts must be accessible from the client computer.
- To see the My Data folder that this feature adds, close all open Windows Explorer windows, then reopen them.