Log Files - Getting Started
Use the following procedures to view and send log files, which contain CommCell system and client information that assist in monitoring the system activity and to diagnose issues.
Viewing Log Files
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the CommServe node, point to View, and then select Log Files.
The Select the log file to open dialog box appears.
- Select the log file that you want to open, and then click Open.
The contents of the selected file appear in the log file dialog box.
Send CommCell system and client information, such as database logs, client logs, updates, and configuration details to one or more email recipients. For troubleshooting purposes, upload information to an FTP or HTTP server. If the Send Log Files job fails to upload the logs using the method that you specify, either FTP or HTTP, then the other upload method is used.
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the CommServe node, point to All Tasks, and then select Send Log Files.
The Send Log Files dialog box appears.
- On the Computers tab, in the Computers list, select the computers for which you want to send log files.
- On the Output tab, select the Upload check box, and then click Use Default Upload Option.
- Click OK.
The log files are uploaded to the default location.You can track the progress of the job on the Job Controller tab in the CommCell Console.
Once you have sent the log files, view the job details from the Admin Job History.
- Right-click the CommServe node, point to View, and then click Admin Job History.
The Admin Job History Filter dialog box appears.
- Under Job Type, select Send Log Files, and then click OK.
The job appears in the Admin Job History tab.
- You can view the following details by right-clicking the job:
- Job Details