Scheduling a Search for Log Data on the Log Monitoring Dashboard
You can schedule saved searches to run daily or weekly. You can also set up the schedule to send an email with the search results.
Before You Begin
You must have a saved search criteria. Access the search criteria using the following steps:
- From the My Applications page in the Web Console, click Log Monitoring.
- At the upper right of the Default dashboard page, click Search.
- On the Search page, go to the Saved Search table and click the saved search criteria that you want to use.
If you want to create a new search criteria, perform a search and then save the search criteria. For instructions, see Searching Log Data on the Log Monitoring Dashboard.
- At the upper right of the Search page, click Actions > Schedule.
- In the Schedules dialog box, specify the following details:
- In the Name box, enter a name for the scheduled search.
- In the Email Recipients box, enter e-mail addresses of the recipients of the report.
- Under How Frequently, specify whether to search daily or weekly.
- In the At what time box, specify the time when the search starts.
- Click Save.
- To view the schedule that you created, at the upper right of the page, click Schedules.
The Schedules page displays the schedule details, such as the schedule pattern.
- If you need to manage your schedules at some point in time, use the Schedules page to perform the following tasks:
- Edit the schedule details
- Delete a schedule
- Disable a schedule