Editing a Monitoring Policy
You can update an existing monitoring policy to satisfy changes within your environment.
You can edit a policy in the following scenarios:
- You want to disable the continuous monitoring mode.
- You need to track more log events to closely monitor the log activities.
- You want to receive notifications when a log event matches the new criteria.
Before You Begin
Review the following considerations before you edit a monitoring policy:
- If you rename a policy that is being used in the Log Monitoring dashboard, the log data will be indexed against the new policy name. Therefore, you will see the old and new policy listed on the dashboard.
- When you edit any of the policy properties, the changes affect only the data that is indexed after the policy change.
If you make incorrect changes and you need to re-index all the log data, you must delete and recreate the policy. However, if the log files no longer contain the data that you previously indexed, you might need to keep the existing policy even if you create a new one.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies and click Monitoring Policies.
- Right-click the monitoring_policy that you want to edit, click Edit, and make the necessary changes:
Option Description Policy Opens the Monitoring Policy wizard. Criteria Changes your monitoring criteria. Alert Manages the alerts associated with your monitoring policy. Schedule Changes the schedule settings.
To edit schedules (including the continuous monitoring mode), you must have Edit and Execute permissions. To assign users and grant permissions for a policy, use the Security option.
Security Manages user permissions on the monitoring policy. For instructions, see Setting Access Permissions to Monitoring Policies.