Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line
You can restore a monitoring policy from the .xml file that contains the policy configuration settings. This .xml file was created at the time you saved the policy as a script by using the Monitoring Policy wizard.
You can restore monitoring policies in the following scenarios:
- You recently created the script using the Monitoring Policy wizard, and now you want to run the script to create the policy.
- You accidentally deleted a monitoring policy, and you want to retrieve the policy.
Before You Begin
You must have saved the policy configuration as a script during the policy creation. For instructions, see Creating a Monitoring Policy.
- Log onto the computer where you saved the script.
- At the command line, go to the Installation_Directory_Path/Base directory and run the following command to log on to the CommServe:
qlogin -cs commserve_host_name -u user_name
- To run the script (.xml file), type the following command:
qoperation execute -af Path_to_XML_File
- To log off the CommServe, type the following command: