Example: Creating a Monitoring Policy to Track 'SU' Command Usage on UNIX Systems
This sample covers creating a monitoring policy to track the usage of the 'su' command and to receive email notifications when the command is used.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and then click New Monitoring Policy.
Follow the instructions in the New Monitoring Policy wizard.
- On the Please select the type of monitoring policies you would like to create page, select SysLogs.
- On the Please specify criteria page, select Specify criteria and then click Add.
In the Create Criteria dialog box, specify the filtering attributes for the policy:
- For the Description filtering attribute, select the contains operator and type su.
- To set the specified criteria as a major event, under User Assigned Severity, select Warning.
- Click OK.
- On the Alert Details page, click Add to set up an email alert using the monitoring criteria as the alert trigger.