Identifying Media That Have Extended Retention
If you want to export media that have extended retention, you can configure the system to export the media automatically with a Tracking Policy, or you can export the media manually with the Export Media Wizard.
Using a Tracking Policy
- From the CommCell® Browser, navigate to Policies | Vault Tracker Policies.
All of the available Tracking Policies appear in the right pane of the CommCell Browser.
- Right-click the appropriate policy, and then click Properties.
The Tracking Policy Details dialog box appears.
- On the Criteria tab, click the Filter Media By Retention check box, and then select Media with extended retention job(s).
- Click OK.
Using Export Media from a List
- In the CommCell Browser, navigate to Storage Resources | Libraries.
- Right-click the appropriate library, and then click Export Media.
The Export Media Wizard appears.
- On the first page of the wizard, make sure that No is selected, and then click Next.
A list of media that are in the library appears on the next page of the wizard. In the Storage Policy/Copy column, media with extended retention include the capital letter E in parentheses (E) at the end of the storage policy copy name.
- Perform the appropriate action.
- If you want to export the media, select the appropriate media, and then click Finish.
- If you do not want to export the media, click Cancel.