Download SnapProtect Documentation
The latest revision of the SnapProtect Documentation is available for download.
The downloadable documentation package includes all of the documentation pages that are available on our Documentation Web site, and includes full search capabilities.
Before You Begin
Make sure that your computer has at least 800 MB of free disk space.
- To download the documentation package (zip file) click the following link:
- Save the documentation package to your local drive.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the documentation package, and then extract the contents to a folder.
- Record the location where the documentation package was extracted.
You will need the location details when you set up the documentation Web site for offline access (this does not apply for the Only PDF Files package).
You can use the documentation package as an offline version of the live documentation. This configuration is supported only on Windows computers.
You must have Java 7 (JRE 1.7) installed on your local computer. Later Java versions are not supported.
To download the Java software, see the Oracle Web site. If you already have Java installed on your computer, use the following command to check the version currently installed:
- Open the command prompt and navigate to <Location of Extracted Files>/bin.
Tip: If you are not a user with administrative privileges, we recommend that you run the command prompt as an administrator to prevent errors during the setup process.
- Run the following command to set up the documentation Web site for offline access:
startService.bat -instance_name Instance001 -service_name "NetAppOfflineDocs" -service_display_name "NetApp Offline Docs v10" -start_params "start;-port;8080;-cv.solr.jetty.deployall;true;-sysprop.hosted.mode;offline;-sysprop.solr.url;http://localhost:8080/solr"
port is an available HTTP port. If port 8080 is being used by other applications, specify a different port number.
A message appears that tells you that Instance001 was started successfully. For example:
"NetAppOfflineDocs(Instance001)" is started.
Fri 03/28/2014_20:13:53.58 startService completes.
- Open your Web browser and type the web address in the following format:
For example, http://localhost:8080/v10.
- If a message states "Web page not available", retry after a few seconds.
You can now read and search the documentation pages in the same way that you do on the SnapProtect Documentation Web site.
If you want to configure the CommCell Console to access the offline documentation Web site, see Configuring CommCell Console to Access Offline Documentation.
Documentation files are continuously updated with new content. We recommend that you download the documentation package every time a new service pack is available.
Use the following steps to update the documentation package on your local computer:
- Open the command prompt and navigate to <Location of Old Extracted Files>/bin.
- Run the following command to uninstall Instance001:
uninstallEmbededJettyService.bat -instance_name Instance001 -service_name "NetAppOfflineDocs"
A message appears that tells you that Instance001 has been removed. For example:
"NetAppOfflineDocs(Instance001)" has been removed.
Fri 03/28/2014_20:13:53.58 uninstallService completes
- Remove the folder containing the old extracted files.
- Download the new documentation package. See Downloading the Documentation Package for instructions.
- Set up the offline documentation Web site. See Setting Up the Documentation Web Site for Offline Access for instructions.