Installing the CommVault Edge App for Windows 8 Devices
Install the CommVault Edge app on your smart device to quickly browse or download your backed up files.
The CommVault Edge app is supported on Windows 8 and Windows RT devices (Surface and PC only).
Use the following steps to install and access the application:
- From your Windows 8 device, open the Store application.
To quickly find the application, use following link: Download CommVault Edge.
- To display the menu bar, swipe from the right edge of the screen.
- Tap Search and then type CommVault Edge.
Install the application.
Once the CommVault Edge app is installed, open it and do the following:
- Tap Allow when the Let CommVault run in background prompt appears. This allows the app to run important processes in the background.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the account credentials to access the CommServe.
- In the server box, type the Web Console URL for your CommServe. For example:
- Tap Login.
This configuration is saved for future access.