CommVault Monitor - Overview
CommVault Monitor provides quick access to a CommCell to view, manage and monitor backup jobs on your smart device.
Operations You Can Perform
View Job Activity Reports
This application provides the following reports on backup job activities:
- Live Job Statistics - Displays all jobs classified by their status.
- Success Fail Report - Displays all the jobs that succeeded or failed during a specified time range.
- Job Load Report - Displays the number of jobs running, waiting and pending during a specified time range.
- Client Locations - This map shows the locations of the CommCell clients. (iPad only)
View Additional Job Information
This application also provides the following information:
- Top Reasons for Delay (for pending and waiting jobs)
- Top Reasons for Failure
- Events (minor, major and critical)
View Job Details
You can view the details of a job, such as job progress and attempts.
Perform Control Actions
You can kill, suspend or resume a backup job.
Who Can Use This App
CommVault Monitor can be used by CommCell users with sufficient capabilities to view and manage jobs associated with their CommCell entities.
This application is recommended for CommCell administrators, as these users have administrative privileges to manage all CommCell jobs.
This application requires the Web Server and Web Console software to be installed on a computer that can connect to the CommServe. By default, these components are installed along with the CommServe. If these components are not installed, see Install the Web Server and Web Console for the installation steps.
Supported DevicesThe following devices are supported:
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 7 or above
View Application Demo
To preview the application, open the app from your smart device and provide the following CommCell credentials: