Network Authentication - Network Password
The CommCell network password is an internal security measure used to ensure that communications occur only between CommCell computers. By default, the software assigns each computer in the CommCell a different password. You can, at any time, define a new CommCell network password for any computer in the CommCell. Although you do not need to know the existing password to define a new one, you do need to have administrative privileges.
Use the following steps to change the CommCell network password:
- From the CommCell Console toolbar, click Control Panel.
- Under the Configure section, click System.
- Click the Change Password tab.
- Click the Change Network Password check box and do the following:
- In the Change password for computer box, select the name of the computer for which you want to change the network password.
- Type the new network password in the Password box and re-enter it in the Confirm Password box.
- Click OK.
You can also change the network password for one or more client computers from the command line. The ChangeNetworkPwd tool allows you to change the network password of one or more clients with a stronger password in order to increase the security of your network.
Follow the steps below to update the network password:
- On the CommServe computer, change to the software installation base directory for the instance to test:
- Run the ChangeNetworkPwd command:
ChangeNetworkPwd [-listAllWeak | -updateAllWeak | clientName] -vm instance_name
- listAllWeak is the option to list all the clients that need a stronger password.
- updateAllWeak is the option to update all the clients in the CommServe instance that need a stronger password.
- clientName is the name of one client on which the password will be updated.
- vm is the name of the instance where the CommServe software is running. If not specified, Instance001 is used.
For example, this command will update the password for client1:
ChangeNetworkPwd client1 -vm instance002
- The password is updated for the client.
- To verify the operation, change to the software_installation_path\Log Files folder and review the ChangeNetworkPwd.log file.