Pre and Post Processes - Getting Started
Pre and post processes can be configured for Data Protection, Data Recovery and Data Replication operations, which allows using the job phases as triggers to start processes.
Data Protection and Recovery jobs comprise one or more sequential phases. Each phase must complete before its successor can begin. These phases can be used to trigger operations outside of the data protection or recovery process.You can add and modify Pre/Post processes for a subclient. These are batch files or shell scripts that you can run before or after certain job phases. For example, you can use an echo command to check the level of a backup. Similarly, you can include a case statement within a script to run specific operations based on the level of the backup job.
A Save As Script file can also be run as a pre/post process, if you include the absolute path of the associated input file in the script file.
Use the following steps to set up pre and post processes around a backup. This procedure uses the Widows File System iDataAgent as an example.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > File System > backup_set.
- In the backup set tab in the right pane, right-click the subclient, then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Pre/Post Process tab.
- Configure the pre and post processes:
- Enter the path to the batch file in the PreBackup process box.
- Enter the path to the batch file in the PostBackup process box.
- Click OK.
- In the backup set tab in the right pane, right-click the subclient and click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select Full as the backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- Click OK.