If you have multiple CommServe computers in your environment, then you must add each CommServe computer as a data source for reports.
- On the CommServe computer that hosts the Private Metrics Reporting Server, from the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe Computer and then click All Tasks > CommCell Registration.
- Click Add CommCell.
The Register Remote CommCell dialog box appears.
- Specify the following details for the remote CommServe computer:
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials of the user account that has the Administrative Management capability on the CommServe computer.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the host name of the remote CommServe computer.
- If there is a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the CommServe computer that hosts the Private Metrics Reporting Server, then select Access database via tunnel on remote machine.
- In the Port Number on remote machine box, type an unused port number.
For example, on the first remote CommServe computer that you register, use port 8600. On the next CommServe computer that you register, use 8601, and so on. These ports do not need to be open on the firewall.
Do not use ports 8400, 8401, 8402, and 8403.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
The remote CommServe computer appears in the list of registered CommCells.
- Click OK to close the CommCell Registration dialog box.
You can now use the remote CommServe computer as a data source for reports.