CommCell Readiness Report
The CommCell Readiness Report displays information about the condition of your CommCell and can serve as a tool to warn you about potential problems that might affect your operations before the problems occur.
This report allows you to check if connectivity and communication problems exist between your CommServe, MediaAgents, and clients.
The following network communication checks are performed:
- Client to CommServe
- CommServe to Client
- Client to MediaAgent
- MediaAgent to Client
The following resource checks are performed:
- MediaAgent status, whether online or offline
- Library, mount path status, whether online or offline
- Library Controller status, whether online or offline
- Drive pool, Master pool, Standalone media status
- Mount path space check, or watermark space check
- Backup space size check
- NDMP filer resource check for NAS Subclients
You can use the CommCell Readiness Report to review information about the overall status of the network and resources for the CommCell. This report is useful if you need to:
- Check whether data interface pairs are configured.
- Check connectivity between Continuous Data Replicator pairs. This is reported in a separate table.
- Verify that library controllers, libraries, master drive pools, drive pools, and drives are online.
- Verify the existence of the index cache location and to check the index cache label's contents against the selected MediaAgent's index cache.
- Review the results of a space check that monitors consumed space and free space remaining for components that are essential to the operation of the software.
- Check for the readiness of the data paths on all copy types, such as primary, secondary, and synchronous.
This report presents the data in the following sections:
|Summary|| This table provides information about entities located within the CommCell. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Disk Library Space Requirements Summary|| This table provides information about the disk library space. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Tape Library Space Requirements Summary|| This table provides information about the tape library space. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Client|| This table provides information about each client in the CommCell. Note that clients with Exchange DAG Server are not supported. Information displayed in the table includes:
|MediaAgents|| This table provides information about each MediaAgent in the CommCell. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Replication set Readiness|| This table provides information about the replication set that is associated with the selected client. Information displayed in the table includes:
You can generate the default version of any CommCell Report on demand in the CommCell Console.
On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Reports tab, and then click the button for the report that you want to run.
Some report buttons appear under Other Reports.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Run.
The report appears in your default Web browser.
- In the CommCell Console, select the Reports tab, and then on the ribbon, click the button for the report that you want to schedule.
The Report Selection dialog box appears.
- Configure the report as needed.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Schedule.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, in the Schedule Name box, enter a name for the schedule.
- Select the interval at which you want the report to run: One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
- In the Start Time box, type the time of day when you want the report generation to begin.
- Under Repeat, specify the exact times and days that you want the report to run.
- Click Ok.
You can further customize the report by using the tabs that are available in the Report Selection dialog box. The following table describes the available report options for this report.
|General|| On this tab, you can set the report to include information about the readiness of clients and MediaAgents in the CommCell. You must select at least one option from either the Clients or MediaAgents section in order to run the report. You can include the following information in the report:
You can set the report to display information for all computers from the CommCell or select individual clients with the Modify option. You can set the report to include all agent types in the CommCell, or select individual agent types with the Modify option.
You can set the report to display information for all MediaAgents in the CommCell, or select individual MediaAgents.
You can set the report output to appear in one of several formats and save it to a variety of locations. Set any of the following options:
The following table describes additional operations that you can perform with the reports feature:
|Saving the Report Output||
You can save the report output to a specified location.
The report opens in the file format that you specified and a copy of the report is saved to the location that you entered.
|Saving a Report as a Template||
You can save the report settings as a template in the CommCell Console, and then run the report at any time.
|Generating a Report from a Template||
You can generate a report from a template at any time.
|Modifying a Report Template||
|Cloning a Report Template||
|Deleting a Report Template||
|Setting a Report Alert|| This option allows users or user groups to get an automatic notification when a report is created. Follow the steps given below to set up the criteria to raise notifications/alerts:
||Refer to Alerts.|
|Saving a Report as a Script||
The Command Line Interface allows you to generate reports from the command line. The commands can be executed from the command line or can be integrated into scripts. You can generate command line scripts for specific operations in the CommCell Console by using the Save As Script option.
To create an XML script that generates a report:
The Save As Script and the Saved Reports dialog boxes close.
|Refer to Command Line Interface.|