CommCell Configuration Report
The CommCell Configuration Report Provides a high-level view of the settings that are configured for the CommCell, including properties, alerts, users/user groups, agents, index caches, storage policies, etc.
You can use the CommCell Configuration Report to review a wide range of CommCell contents, settings, and properties. This report is useful if you need to know:
- The number of computers installed in the CommCell, information about CommCell users and user groups, and information about each MediaAgent and library
- Client information such as enabled and disabled operations, defined operation rules, installed clients, and subclient contents and filters
- Subclient policy information, including the number of streams for a subclient
- Whether backup data has been configured for block level Deduplication and scheduled data protection information for each subclient
- The types of licenses available in the CommCell, the installation date for each license type, and the expiration date of each license
- Alerts that are configured in the CommCell
- Index cache properties and content including the remaining index cache space, size of existing index cache, and disk size on each MediaAgent
- All Update information from the registry of each machine in the CommCell and additional setting information added to the CommCell Console
- All Updates which have been applied to a machine as well as the components to which they were applied
- Update caches configured in the CommCell, including the CommServe update cache, and the configured secondary update caches
- Each mailbox per subclient for common mailbox agents including the Exchange Mailbox and Archiver Agents
- Whether the use of QSnap or VSS was selected through subclient properties
- The account used for backup operations by SQL Server iDataAgents or Exchange iDataAgents that require an Exchange Administrator account
- The job completion rate for the last 24 hours at the CommCell, MediaAgent, and Library levels
- The name, operations and the properties of the Automated Content Classification Policy
- Index cache details for each MediaAgent in the CommCell including the total amount of space available in the index cache location, and the amount of space used by index cache entries
This report presents the data in the following sections:
|CommCell Properties|| This table provides information about the CommCell contents and settings. Information displayed in the table includes:
|MediaAgent Properties|| This table provides information about the MediaAgent. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Index Cache Properties|| This table provides information about the index cache. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Index Cache Content|| This table provides information about the content of the index cache. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Client Properties|| This table provides information about the clients in the CommCell. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Individual Agent Properties|| Each agent appears in its own table. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Subclient Policy Properties||This table provides information about each subclient in the CommCell.|
|Storage Policy Properties|| This table provides information about each storage policy that is configured in the CommCell. Information in the table includes:
|Storage Policy Copy Properties|| This table provides information about the storage policy copies. Information in the table includes:
|Deduplication Properties|| This table provides information about deduplication settings for each storage policy. Information in the table includes:
|Deduplication Database Information|| This table provides information about the deduplication database. Information in the table includes:
|Users/User Groups|| This table provides information about the users and user groups in the CommCell. Information in the table includes:
You can generate the default version of any CommCell Report on demand in the CommCell Console.
On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Reports tab, and then click the button for the report that you want to run.
Some report buttons appear under Other Reports.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Run.
The report appears in your default Web browser.
- In the CommCell Console, select the Reports tab, and then on the ribbon, click the button for the report that you want to schedule.
The Report Selection dialog box appears.
- Configure the report as needed.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Schedule.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, in the Schedule Name box, enter a name for the schedule.
- Select the interval at which you want the report to run: One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
- In the Start Time box, type the time of day when you want the report generation to begin.
- Under Repeat, specify the exact times and days that you want the report to run.
- Click Ok.
You can further customize the report by using the tabs that are available in the Report Selection dialog box. The following table describes the available report options for this report.
|General|| Use the options on this tab to select criteria that is included in the CommCell Configuration Report, including compliance director and licensing details. You can include the following information in the report:
You can set the report to display information for all MediaAgents in the CommCell, or select individual MediaAgents.
You can set the report to display information for all Libraries in the CommCell, or select individual Libraries.
You can also include drives.
You can set the report to display information for all computers from the CommCell or select individual clients with the Modify option. You can set the report to include all agent types in the CommCell, or select individual agent types with the Modify option.
|Subclient|| You can set the report to display information about subclients including the following:
You can set the report to display information for all storage policies in the CommCell or select individual storage policies.You can also include this additional information:
You can set the report output to appear in one of several formats and save it to a variety of locations. Set any of the following options:
The following table describes additional operations that you can perform with the reports feature:
|Saving the Report Output||
You can save the report output to a specified location.
The report opens in the file format that you specified and a copy of the report is saved to the location that you entered.
|Saving a Report as a Template||
You can save the report settings as a template in the CommCell Console, and then run the report at any time.
|Generating a Report from a Template||
You can generate a report from a template at any time.
|Modifying a Report Template||
|Cloning a Report Template||
|Deleting a Report Template||
|Setting a Report Alert|| This option allows users or user groups to get an automatic notification when a report is created. Follow the steps given below to set up the criteria to raise notifications/alerts:
||Refer to Alerts.|
|Saving a Report as a Script||
The Command Line Interface allows you to generate reports from the command line. The commands can be executed from the command line or can be integrated into scripts. You can generate command line scripts for specific operations in the CommCell Console by using the Save As Script option.
To create an XML script that generates a report:
The Save As Script and the Saved Reports dialog boxes close.
|Refer to Command Line Interface.|