This product is deprecated.
See Deprecated Features, Products, and Platforms for comprehensive information on deprecated products.
GXHSMPredictor.exe allows you to enter migration parameters for a specified volume or folder to predict how many files would be migrated, and their combined total size.
- The output log file defaults to Comma Separated Values (*.csv) format.
- It also creates a list of files that would qualify for migration. It resembles the collect file for our migration process that lists all the files. Check the Windows Temp Directory after the tool has been run for a file called collect.tot.
- If the predictor tool is run again using the same path and file name for the output log file, the previous log file will be over-written.
- GXHSMPredictor can be run even if you don't have QiNetix installed, and it is release independent.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is automatically installed. Note that Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package can co-exist with other versions of this software. The package is available in the appropriate folder for each platform as follows:
- 32-bit: INTEL32\Bin\vcredist_x86.exe
- X64: AMD64\Bin\vcredist_x64.exe
- IA64: INTEL64\Bin\vcredist_IA64.exe
- .NET Framework 2.0 is automatically installed. Note that .NET Framework 2.0 can co-exist with other versions of this software.
- Copy all binaries to a location on the local computer.
- Create registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\WinFSDataMigrator.
- Click on GXHSMPredictor.exe.
The GXHSMPredictor dialog box will display.
- In the Scan Path section of the dialog, for the Path to scan field, specify the location you want to scan for migration by either of the following actions:
- Click the ellipsis [...] button to browse to the volume or folder location you want to scan
- Enter the path of the volume or folder in the entry box.
- In the Volume Rules section of the dialog, enter or select percentage values for the High Percent Free and Low Percent Free fields.
Otherwise, you can accept the default settings of 80% and 60% respectively. These correspond to the Volume watermarks that you want to achieve for the desired volume or folder.
- In the File Rules section of the dialog, enter or select the values for the following parameters:
- Minimum File Size
Default is set to 1KB.
- Days Since Last Access
Default is set to 60 days.
- Exclude Filter
It is recommended that, at minimum, you accept the defaults to filter out executables, drivers, links, and icons, so as not to migrate files essential for system and applications to function
- Include Filters
Add any additional file types you want included in the prediction.
- Minimum File Size
- In the Output section of the dialog, specify the destination path and file name for the output log file in the Output File field.
You can either accept the default location and file name, or click the ellipsis [...] button to browse to another location and/or change the file name.
- When all parameters have been set, click Predict.
A pop-up window will display with the number of files that would be migrated from the specified location, if the parameters you entered were used for migration.
- Click OK to close the pop-up window.
- Click Exit to exit out of the dialog.
If you want to see the combined total size of the files that would be migrated (i.e., the space that would be freed up on the volume) in addition to the number of files, navigate to the log file, and then open it to read the results.