This utility checks services for responsiveness by sending a request to the service and waiting an hour for a response. If a response is not received, the utility restarts the service. The following services are checked by the utility:
- CommVault Communication Service [CVD]
- ComVault Server Event Manager [EvMgrs]
- CommVault Job Manager [JobMgr]
- CommVault Application Manager [AppMgrSvc]
- CommVault Media & Library Manager [MediaManager]
- CommVault Commands Manager [QSDK]
- CommVault Reporting Service [ReportingServer]
Logs for this utility are in the CVServiceCheck.log file.
To run the utility using the default instance, go to the <software_installation_directory>\Base folder and then double-click the CvServicesCheck.exe file.
To run the utility for a specific instance, run the utility from the command line with the -vm parameter:
CvServicesCheck.exe [-vm <InstanceName>] [-h]
CvServicesCheck.exe can be invoked from the Windows Task Scheduler.
|-vm||The name of the instance.|
CvServicesCheck.exe -vm Instance001