DescriptionDisplays a list of files that are marked for deletion or renaming after a reboot based on the existence of the following registry key:
- Issue the command using the following syntax:
Pendingrenamekey [-ProcessKey] [-ForceDelete] [[/?] or [-help]]
- -ProcessKey will try to rename/delete/move the files that are in the pending rename key right now without rebooting. If every operation is successful, the PendingFileOperation value will be deleted. If some operation failed, PendingFileOperation will be updated with a new value that contains only the operation that failed.
- -ForceDelete will force-delete the PendingFileOperation registry key even if some file/directory failed to move or delete
- /?, -help display the Help screen
With no options, the content (value) of the key will be displayed.
- Displays the pending files if there are any.
- Attempts to delete/move the pending files right away.
- Attempts to delete/move the pending files and force-delete the key.