Restore Data - OES File System iDataAgent
|Overview||How To||Full System Restore|
The following page describes the agent-specific restore options. Additional restore options are accessible from the Related Topics menu.
The OES File System iDataAgent allows you to restore NSS file system data to:
- the original path
- a different path on the same OES server
Restore operations can be performed from the client, iDataAgent, and backup set levels in the CommCell Browser.
When there is a problem with the OES server or the operating system of the client computer, a full system restore may be required. See Full System Recovery: OES File System Agent for more information.
Before performing any restore procedures for this agent, review the following information.
- Review the general restore requirements described in What You Need to Know Before Performing a Restore.
In addition to the OES server being powered on, the galaxy.nlm must be loaded.
- To restore NSS File System data you must have Read/Write/Modify/Erase/Create/File Scan rights to the container object to which the content will be restored.
Do not set a quota for an object (such as a volume, directory, or user) that is lower than the amount already used. Doing so may cause improper results for data protection or recovery operations.
Keep the following details in mind when restoring data:
- Perform an image browse if you need to preserve the directory structure of the data you want to restore.
- Perform a no-image browse if:
- You do not need to preserve the directory structure of the data you want to restore.
- You want to restore files that have been deleted from the client computer and therefore not included in the most recent backup.
- The unconditional overwrite option restores data to the destination directory even if files of the same name already exist.
NICI (Novell International Cryptography Infrastructure) contains keys and user data that are stored in system and user specific directories and files. NICI backup and restores can be performed using the DSBK utility. For more information, see the NetIQ documentation website.
You can configure pre and post processes for a subclient to back up and restore NICI using the DSBK utility. For more information, see Pre and Post Processes - Getting Started.
By default, the OES iDataAgent restores data to the client computer from which it originated; this is referred to as an in-place restore. You can also restore the data to another Client computer in the CommCell. Keep in mind the following considerations when performing such restores:
- The destination client must reside in the same CommCell as the client whose data was backed up.
- Note that when you perform restores other than in-place restores, the restored data assumes the rights (i.e., permissions) of the parent directory. (Trustee rights in the case of OES File System.)
The following section enumerates the types of restore destinations that are supported by the OES iDataAgent. See Restore/Recover/Retrieve Destinations - Support for a list of Agents supporting each restore destination type.