SAN-Attached Libraries - Advanced
To add additional entries in wa.conf file in Solaris MediaAgent:
- Make sure devices are connected properly and appropriate drivers are installed.
- Stop the services on the MediaAgent in which you wish to add the entries.
- Open the following file to find the devices with SCSI target higher than 15 and/or LUN higher than 7.
- Add the necessary entries in the following file:
Use the following pattern to add each device:
name="wa" class="scsi" target="target number of the device"
lun="lun number of the devices";
- Save the changes.
- Execute the following commands to create the device nodes:
- Start the services in the MediaAgent in which the entries were added.
- Ensure not to switch the active library controller if jobs are in progress for that MediaAgent.
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the library for which you wish to switch the active library controller, and then click Properties.
- Click the Library Controller tab in the Library Properties dialog box.
- Click Change.
- In the Change Active Library Controller dialog box, choose the library controller that you wish to designate as the active library controller from the Failover Controller list.
In order to manually change a failover library controller candidate as the active library controller, the failover library controller candidate must be Alive and Enabled.
- Click OK in both the Change Active Library Controller dialog box and in the Library Properties dialog box.
- The selected failover library controller is switched as the active library controller.
Required Capability: See Capabilities and Permitted Actions
To view the status of the library controller:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the library for which you wish to view the library controller status, and then click Properties.
- Click the Library Controller tab.
The status of the library controller can be viewed in the Library Properties (Library Controller) dialog box. Note the following:The Active Library Controller is the MediaAgent with the Active, Alive and Enabled status as YES, and the Soft State as ON. (You can view the status of the library controllers by clicking the Detail button on the Active Library Controller or Failover Library Controller panes.)
- In a library configured in the SAN environment, where several MediaAgents are configured as library controllers, at any given point, the MediaAgent accessing the library is considered as Active and therefore displayed as the Active Library Controller. All the other MediaAgents are displayed as Failover Library Controllers. The Active status will be displayed as No for the failover library controllers.
- In a library configured in the non-SAN environment, where only one MediaAgent is configured as a library controller, the MediaAgent is displayed as the Active Library Controller. If either the Alive or Enabled status is NO, or Soft State is OFF, the Active status will be displayed as OFF and the MediaAgent will be displayed as a Failover Library Controller.