Schedule Policy - Getting Started
When multiple clients or tasks require similar operations to be scheduled, you can create a schedule policy as a template and attach it to each of these clients (or client groups) and tasks in a CommCell.
By default, a system-created schedule policy for data protection is available for all agents in the CommCell. This schedule policy includes the schedules for the following:
- Full Backup, which runs every Friday at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone.
- Incremental/Log Backup, which runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone. Transaction Log backups occur for Lotus Notes subclients configured with transaction log content, and not for other agents.
Use the following steps to associate this schedule policy to one or more client computers:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Schedule Policies.
- Right-click the System Created (All Agent Types) schedule policy and click Edit.
- From the System Created (All Agent Types) dialog box, click the Association tab and then click the Edit tab.
Select the client computers under the Client Computers node.
You can also select a client group under the Client Computer Groups node if you want to associate the policy to all the clients that belong to the group.
- Click OK.
- The Schedule Policies tab will display the System Created (All Agent Type) schedule policy with the number of associated objects under the Associated Objects column.
When the schedule is run, the Job Controller window will display the job as shown in the sample image.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup Job History tab.
- Right-click the <Schedule Policy> and click View Jobs.
- From the Backup History Filter dialog box, click OK.
- From the Backup Job History tab, right-click the job and select View Job Details.