SnapProtect - Exchange Database iDataAgent - Configuration
- When you use a proxy configuration, you must also install the Exchange management tools on the proxy. In addition, make sure that the version of Exchange management tools is the same as the version of the Exchange Server.
- When you perform an Integrity Check on Exchange 2010 DAG subclients, you must use a proxy. You can use one of the following as the proxy:
- DAG member server
- A separate computer with connectivity to the Exchange Server and with the ability to mount the snapshots
Once the Exchange Database iDataAgent has been installed, configure the client to facilitate backups.
If you plan to use SnapVault or SnapMirror, use the appropriate storage policy based on the type of snapshot, such as NetApp 7-Mode and Cluster-Mode snapshots. For NetApp 7-Mode snapshots, use storage policies associated with OnCommand Unified Manager 5.0, 5.1, or 5.2. For NetApp Cluster-Mode snapshots, use storage policies associated with OnCommand Unified Manager 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 6.3P1, 6.4P1, or 7.0.
Most capabilities of data ONTAP 7-Mode apply, however cascaded replication of primary to snapvault to snapmirror on a single policy is not supported.
Configuring an Instance
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Database.
- Right click the subclient and click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the following:
- On the Storage Device tab, and from the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- On the Content tab, click Configure and specify the content for the subclient.
- Click OK.
Skip the following section if you already created a snapshot copy.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Snapshot Copy for a Storage Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Storage Policies.
Right-click the <Storage_Policy> and click All Tasks | Create New Snapshot Copy.
- Specify the following to create a Snapshot Copy:
- Type the Copy Name in the Copy Name box.
- From the Library list, select the name of Library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of a Drive Pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the Scratch Pool.
Drive Pool and Scratch Pool are not applicable for disk libraries.
- Click OK.
The newly created Snapshot Copy can be associated with the subclient from which the snap backup is performed. In this case, the Snapshot Copy acts as the primary copy and therefore will contain only the metadata information associated with the snapshot Backup.
A backup copy operation provides the capability to copy snapshots of the data to any media. It is useful for creating additional standby copies of data and can be performed during the SnapProtect backup or at a later time.
Follow the steps given below to configure Backup Copy for moving snapshots to media.