SnapProtect - Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) – Troubleshooting
Hardware revert of VSP volumes fails
Hardware specific revert operations of VSP volumes may fail if system MODE 80 and MODE 87 options are set to ON in the array. It is recommended to have these modes always OFF for hardware reverts to succeed.
Please note that by default MODE 80 and MODE 87 are set to OFF. After installing the storage array software, all system modes are set to their default values by default. System modes can only be changed by a Hitachi Data Systems representative.
- If set to ON, normal restore and/or reverse copy is performed.
- If set to OFF, quick restore is performed.
- If set to ON, quick resynchronization is performed.
- If set to OFF, normal copy is created.
SI jobs fail with error “ALL Mirror Units in use”
- Make sure Mirror Unit 0, 1, or 2 is available for Simpana to use for all PVOLs in the subclient. All PVOLs must have the same free Mirror Unit number.
- If the Mirror Units are already defined and you want Simpana to use them, then enable snap configuration Use preexisting clones. Refer to Snap Configuration Page for more details.
It is possible that raidcom command has used Mirror Unit 0,1, and 2 for TI snapshot. Raidcom command does not take Mirror Unit number while creating TI snapshot. If TI snaps are created for a PVOL, then the TI Mirror Unit number starts from 0. If there are already 3 TI snaps (Mirror Unit 0,1, & 2), then it will not be possible to create any SI pair.
For proxy hosts, whose hostname and the name visible on HDVM server differ, set the registry on proxy host as below:
Use the following steps to set SNAP_HDS_HDS_AGENT_HOSTNAME additional setting:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers.
- Right-click the <Client Computer>, click Properties. The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Properties. The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and click Add .The Add Additional Settings on Windows Client dialog box appears.
- In the Add Additional Settings on Windows Client dialog box, specify the following:
- In the Name box, type SNAP_HDS_HDS_AGENT_HOSTNAME.
- From the Category list, select iDataAgent.
- From the Type list, select STRING.
- In the Value box, type the client host name.
- Click OK.
The additional setting created will be displayed under Name field.
- Click OK to close Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close Client Computer Properties dialog box.
SnapProtect does not create the Additional Settings sCVHDSRaidcomLockCount_nnn
If you specified that the HORCM instance has a value other than 3532 in the Snap Configuration, then SnapProtect will not create the additional setting iDataAgent/sCVHDSRaidcomLockCount_nnn, when you run a backup job for the first time. nnn stands for the array serial number.
Refer to Add or Modify an Additional Setting to create the iDataAgent/sCVHDSRaidcomLockCount_nnn.
If the Snap configuration HostGroup to which SVOLs will be presented (CCI Engine) contains hyphen, then SnapProtect will truncate the HostGroup name, which will cause the backup to fail.
Do not use hyphen for the parameter HostGroup to which SVOLs will be presented.
SnapProtect backup does not work because the password contains '$'
If the array password contains the special character $, space, or some special characters, logging into the array might fail, causing snap backup jobs to fail.
To check whether the password is valid, run the following command:
C:\HORCM\etc\raidcom.exe -login <user> <passwd> -IM<inst> -s <serial no>
C:\HORCM\etc\raidcom.exe -login maintenance maint-passwd -IM3532 -s 210210
If you check a password with $, or (), use double quotes, for example, "$ ()" on the command.
If the parameter "Do not use HDvM agent for Mount/Unmount" is enabled, the replication pair might not be created or detected
An attempt to execute the request has failed. The host "hostID=1" does not recognize the specified logical unit (serial number = "92250229", device number = "400").
can be overcome with the following steps:
- Open the server.properties file, found in the folder <installation path>\HITACHI\HDVM\HBaseAgent\agent\config
- Change the property server.agent.rm.centralizePairConfiguration to enable (the default value is disable)
- Restart the HBsA service
- Re-run the job